Monday, November 23, 2009

Dear family and friends,
I am terribly sorry I fail so miserably at updating this.  Things get so busy and I just *finally* got (at least moderately) reliable internet.  Since finals are coming up I still don't have time to write out a long post so... back to bullet points!
Over the past month I have:
  • Gone to Valencia, Spain
  1. Met up with two of my sorority sisters from UMD
  2. Went out for tapas
  3. Tried Aqua de Valencia
  4. Climbed the bell tower of the cathedral
  5. Saw the embalmed arm of a martyr AND randomly stumbled upon the Holy Grail
  6. Ate paella on the beach
  7. Saw an IMAX, an aquarium and a really cool dolphin show
  • Gone to Dublin
  1. Took a duck boat ride and saw U2's recording studio
  2. Watched the Ireland-France world cup qualifier in a pub 
  3. Visited Dublin Castle
  4. Took a tour of Kilmaenam Jail
  • Gone to Munich
  1. Had beer and giant pretzels at Hofbrauhaus
  2. Visited the Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site
  3. Made lots of new friends on the various tours we took (of Munich, of the beer halls, of Dachau)
  4. Climbed another bell tower
  5. Saw a church that claims it was built by the Devil
Up next: 2 papers due by Friday, a week in Morocco starting Saturday, then an exam and two more papers, back to Dublin to see Eddie Izzard, and then home for the Holidays!

I'm sure i've forgotten some part of my adventures but those soon-due papers are calling... back to work, see you guys in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment